Relate trainee needs to program objectives
1) Approximately two to four weeks before the beginning of supervisory/management development seminar, letters are sent to each trainee's immediate supervisor asking the supervisor to respond the single question, " What is this person's most important developmental need?"
2) Then, trainees are asked to respond in writing during the first hour of the actual program to the following questions: a) "What is your most important developmental need?" b) "What does your boss think is your most important developmental need?"
a) How similar/different are your perceptions of your needs from the perceptions of your supervisor?
b) Why did some members' perceptions differ from their bosses' perceptions?
c) Why did some members' perceptions of their needs differ from their thoughts about their bosses' perceptions?
1) A standard letter for bosses
2) A standard form for trainees to complete
3) A flipcharts to post the results
APPROXIMATE TIME REQUIRED
Games Trainers Play, John W. Newstrom & Edward E.Scannell, McGraw-Hill
Posted by chosen one management at 12:00 AM