To help a group get comfortable with one another.
a) Explain how to create an amoeba. There are 3 parts:
* a lot of protoplasm (people who don't mind being close, gather together)
* a cell wall (people who like to contain themselves & others, surround the protoplasm, facing outward, linking elbows)
* a nucleus (someone with good eyesight and the ability to keep on top of things should be the nucleus, seated on the shoulders of some of the protoplasm)
b) Once the amoeba is formed, try taking a walk through a field or around the block. A rhythmic chant might be helpful for coordinating movements.
c) Finally, try a little cell division. Split into two, create a second nucleus and have an Amoeba Race.
1) Is there any difficulties for making an amoeba? If yes, why? If not, why
2) What sort of sound does a one-celled creature make?
APPROXIMATE TIME REQUIRED